With an extensive list of services and treatments, North Jersey Health & Wellness always individualizes a patients therapy.
With an extensive list of services and treatments that we offer, North Jersey Health & Wellness will always individualize a patients therapy.
- MENTAL HEALTH
- PEDIATRIC SERVICES
- NEUROLOGY SERVICES
- OUTPATIENT SERVICES
- MARRIAGE COUNSELING
- GROUP THERAPY
The goal of pediatric psychology is to promote the health, well-being, and development of adolescents
Kid’s like adults sometimes have problems they can't cope with alone and they need help when problems affect how well they do, feel, or act.
At North Jersey Health and Wellness, our therapists give praise and support as kids learn. They help kids believe in themselves and find their strengths. Therapy builds helpful thinking patterns and healthy behavioral habits.
Therapists are trained to help with all kinds of problems. For example, they help kids and teens going through tough times like:
- family problems
- school problems
- health problems
They help with feelings like:
They help kids and teens with conditions like:
- OCD and anxiety
- eating disorders
- disruptive behavior disorders
- trauma-related disorders
Therapists give praise and support as kids learn. They help kids believe in themselves and find their strengths. Therapy builds helpful thinking patterns and healthy behavioral habits.
A therapist might meet with the child and parent together or meet with the child alone. It depends on the child's age. A therapist might also meet with a parent to give tips and ideas on how to help their child at home.
Areas of Focus:
- Anxiety/ Depression
- Intimacy Issues
- Conflict Resolution
- Recovery from Infidelity
- Grief & Loss
- Parenting Counseling
- Work-Life Balance
- Pre-marital Counseling
Anger Management, Mindfulness & Creative Writing
Anger Management Group Focus
- Understanding anger as an emotion
- Identifying and exploring anger triggers
- Learning and practicing anger management techniques
- Improving communication skills
- Learning effective problem-solving strategies
- Strengthening impulse control
- Learning relaxation strategies and breathing techniques
- Increasing overall self-awareness
Mindfulness Group Focus
- Learning and practicing mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Adopting a flexible thinking pattern
- Understanding stress and the fight or flight response system
- Identifying what is motivating behavior
- Developing a sense of purpose through goal setting
- Improving self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-reflection
- Increasing self-regulatory skills
- Learning meditative and reflective practices
- Cultivating a sense of well-being
- Improving overall concentration, attention, and focus
- Decreasing symptoms related to anxiety and depression
Creative Writing Support Group
NJHW is proud to offer creative writing support groups. Erin Hedinger,
One of the central tenants of AWA is that EVERY person is a writer will creative genius and a unique voice. Both experienced and novice writers are welcomed and supported in developing craft.
Erin combines the AWA viewpoint with a more traditional psychotherapeutic group process approach. Each group begins with group members being given a prompt by the group facilitator. Group members write to the prompt and, volunteers, take turns reading aloud his/her work and accepting positive and supportive feedback. Following the writing portion of the group, members engage in a clinical support group discussion and process.
Individual group members have commented on the incredible sense of group cohesion, validation, and sincere nurturing they have experienced on being members of this unique support group.