Groups at NJHW
Let us help you control what is holding you back. Try one of our groups, today.
Why is it that when some people encounter an obstacle it stops them in their tracks, while other people are spurred by the challenges life presents? Having an ability to bounce back from adversity and keep persistent with obtaining goals when things get tough are the traits of highly successful individuals. Yet, many people struggle with maintaining passion and perseverance towards reaching their goals. Perseverance and passion may sound unteachable, but they aren’t. With the introduction of technology and the increased demands placed on us at school, the workplace, or home it is of increasing importance to have the capability of handling the many stressors life throws at us. This weekly group will focus on the following:
- Learning and practicing mindfulness based stress reduction
- Adopting a flexible thinking pattern
- Understanding stress and the fight or flight response system
- Identifying what is motivating behavior
- Developing a sense of purpose through goal setting
- Improving self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-reflection
- Increasing self-regulatory skills
- Learning meditative and reflective practices
- Cultivating sense of well-being
- Improving overall concentration, attention, and focus
- Decreasing symptoms related to anxiety and depression
It takes time and consistency but it is possible to cultivate resilience and grit while putting you on the path to happiness and success.
Anger Management Group
ANGER MANAGEMENT GROUP
There is absolutely nothing wrong with feeling angry. In fact, it is a normal, natural, and sometimes necessary emotion. Anger is an adaptive emotional response when someone is feeling hurt, afraid, or frustrated. It keeps us safe. Feeling angry is not the problem, it is what we do with that volatile emotion that can lead to challenges in many areas of our lives. If anger is not managed properly it can create an array of challenges at work or school, in romantic and interpersonal relationships, and ultimately impact our overall individual well-being.
It is important to learn to identify where and when we feel angry. Is anger masking other feelings such as embarrassment, hurt, or shame? If we don’t know why we are getting angry, it is very hard to learn to control our anger. This weekly group will focus on the following:
- Understanding anger as an emotion
- Identifying and exploring anger triggers
- Learning and practicing anger management techniques
- Improving communication skills
- Learning effective problem solving strategies
- Strengthening impulse control
- Learning relaxation strategies and breathing techniques
- Increasing overall self-awareness
This group will not aim to keep you from feeling anger but rather teach you how to express anger in a healthy, constructive way. Managing anger is a learned behavior, requiring practice and resilience.
While you can’t get rid of the things or the people who make you angry, you can learn how to control your reactions to them.
Writing Support Group
Creative Writing Groups
NJHW is proud to offer creative writing support groups.
Erin Hedinger, LCSW was trained in 2016, by Amherst Writer’s and Artist’s Method, to
One of the central tenants of AWA is that EVERY person is a writer
will creative genius and a unique voice. Both experienced and novice
writers are welcomed and supported in developing craft.
Erin combines the AWA viewpoint with a more traditional
psychotherapeutic group process approach. Each group begins with group
members being given a prompt by the group facilitator. Group members
write to the prompt and, volunteers, take turns reading aloud his/her
work and accepting positive and supportive feedback. Following the
writing portion of group, members engage in a clinical support group
discussion and process.
Individual group members have commented on the incredible sense of
group cohesion, validation, and sincere nurturing they have
experienced on being members of this unique support group.
The physical environment is the place where every dimension of the brand can be experienced in its purest form. We are globally renowned for our strength in all areas of interior.